6:00 p.m. Introductions/Dinner as we watch movies
- "Postville: When Cultures Collide" (Runtime 60 minutes)
- "Guatemala: A Tale of Two Villages (Runtime 15 minutes)
- After first reading, some context
- After second reading, reflect on a word or phrase that attracts you. Speak that word or phrase with no elaboration after silence for one or two minutes
- After third reading, reflect on the question, "Where do you see God or Christ in this Scripture verse?" Share after two or three minutes of silence.
- After fourth reading, reflect on the question, "What is God calling you to do or be today/this week through this Scripture verse?" Share after two or three minutes of silence.
- Finish with prayer for the person on your right--that they may be able to fulfill what God is calling them to do or be today/this week through this Scripture verse.
- Someone to introduce our group each time.
- Someone to take photos.
- Someone to record.
- Someone to check that we have everyone.
- Someone to offer a prayer at an appropriate time.
- Someone to thank each person/group formally.
- Someone to make sure we are staying according to schedule.
- Someone to monitor the mood of the group.
Lectio Divina (see process above) Matthew 22:37-40
9:00 a.m. Meet with Father Paul and Paul Rael, St. Bridget's Roman Catholic Church, Postville, Iowa
10:30 a.m. Meet with Postville Response Team or Postville community members
12:00 p.m. Eat Lunch with Rev. Gary Catterson, Presbyterian pastor in Postville
2:00 p.m. Drive to Decorah, Iowa
3:00 p.m. Meet with Project Jubilee Organizers
5:00 p.m. Meet with John Murphy, Congressperson Braley's Dubuque office, to talk about the status of Immigration Reform legislation in Washington, D. C.
6:00 p.m. Meal and discussion with nine Guatemalan men being held in detention while the Agriprocessors trial continues.
8:15 p.m. Lectio Divina Mark 4:30-32
8:45 p.m. Evening Break
7:00 a.m. Breakfast
7:30 a.m. Lectio Divina Leviticus 19:33-34
9:00 a.m. Meeting with Davis Vasquez, Campus Minister at Luther College, Decorah
10:30 a.m. Reflection on next steps for your work in our nation's current immigration crisis.