…your immigrant neighbors according to their needs and your skills. Projects can include painting and yardwork, children’s activities, pastoral care, legal assistance, and others.
…with strangers, with your neighbors, with God. Make friendships across boundaries of language, ethnicity, and birthplace. Be ready for transformation!
…about immigrant realities from those who live them daily. Educational opportunities include immersion experiences in diverse neighborhoods, dialogue with immigrants and policy experts, and recommended reading materials.
Our standard mission trip is 2-3 days, usually on a weekend. Your group will be hosted by a congregation or neighborhood center in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs. Lodging, translation, orientation and logistical support are provided.
Fees are very affordable and go to support the immigrant groups you are serving.
The project is sponsored by a network of faith and community leaders in immigrant neighborhoods. The program coordinator, Sara Wohlleb, is a candidate for ordination in the UCC. She has 17 years of experience serving immigrant communities in various settings.
For more information, contact Sara Wohlleb, Program Coordinator, at 773-456-1641.
- ► 2010 (15)
- New! Youth and Adult Service Trips To Immigrant C...
- Join the Broadview Detention Center Friday morning...
- Threatened by Resurrection
- Gloria Vicente at the Illinois Conference Meeting
- Guatemalan Cultural Action (ACG), Healthy Stove Pr...
- Illinois Conference Meeting Workshops
- Legislation to Close the School of the Americas
- ▼ June (7)